I’m really proud of how these turned out. I didn’t make as much money on them as I should have…another lesson learned Of course, they look fabulous in person (at least I think so). The lighting & the fact that I don’t slow down enough to take a great photo continually proves to be a thorn in my side:)
It was love at first site when I first laid eyes on these even in their terrible condition. I really wish we needed them because they turned out so nice! I used Glidden paint plus primer in a gray hue. I spray painted the drawer pulls, tops & mirror in oil rubbed bronze which I bought at Lowe’s & later discovered it was a better price at Walmart for the exact same brand. Another lesson learned! These are old vintage style & didn’t have “runners” for the drawers. Just wood sliding against wood. So I took a bar of bath soap & rubbed it generously along all the edges….they slide beautifully now!
As soon as I was finished with these beauties I posted them on Facebook. At least 4 different pages of various garage sale or furniture groups. My Facebook blew up! I was overwhelmed to say the least. I wasn’t feeling very sure of myself when it came to all the “rules” & abbreviations for the lingo! Apparently, there is an “order” to the whole thing & the page administrator doesn’t waste anytime in letting you know….I’m talking mere SECONDS! But, I would do it again! Cause these babies sold within 24 hours. In fact, I believe I could have sold several sets of these if I’d had them! The next project is going to be for our home….so it’ll be a bit before I venture into the Facebook yard sale arena again:)