THE CEREMONY SIGNS PART 3
It was necessary for me to make list after list of what the happy couple wanted. I’m a lover of lists anyway, so I enjoyed this immensely. Besides, it made me feel organized & helped keep some of those overwhelming feelings at bay. Not to mention the fact that the happy couple lives in Texas & we live in Indiana (where the wedding took place).
We began obsessing with all things vintage-barn-rustic-music-wedding on Pinterest & created several secret boards where we both pinned our hearts out. They’re not a secret anymore, so feel free to go check them out.
Today, I’m sharing 3 projects my husband & I worked on months before the wedding. The first is a sign that we posted out by the road to direct wedding guests to the right place.
I used one of my favorite fonts on this project – Reklame Script. We used some left over cedar wood from our stash. I printed the letters out. Laid them out on the wood & used a pencil to trace them onto the wood which left an indention for me to then follow with my small paint brush. The arrow was also a font. The picture on the top left actually is a picture of the next project…..here’s a better look.
For this sign I used the same font, but printed it in a dark brown & actually cut each word out with a small razor knife. This was not as difficult as you might think because the words were pretty large. I glued them to the rough wood which came from a pallet. I then used several coats of clear varnish to seal the letters. My husband attached it to a large post so it could be set in the ground.
As for this project we knew they wanted the “Love verses” each painted onto circles of wood & displayed at the end of each bench at the ceremony. We were sitting out by our fire one evening when I noticed a piece of wood that looked just like a heart. I was so stoked. I asked my husband if this were a possibility for him to cut me about a couple dozen of these….and he did! He drilled holes in the top of each one & then it was my turn to get busy.
I printed each verse out using the BorisBlackBloxx font. I used a pencil & colored the back of each of the verses so that when I turned the paper over the “scribbled” side is down. Then I traced each letter onto the wood. When I removed the print out the pencil outline showed up on the wood. I used a very small paint brush to fill in each letter. I often found that the pointed end of the paint brush (opposite the brush end for those that aren’t following;) was easier to get my lines filled in smoothly.
After the wedding was over we knew there wouldn’t be a need for a directional sign. The original was 2 sided & was attached to a post. We removed the post & drilled holes where I ran rope through so it could be hung on the wall. I decided to add their last name & the year. We then wrapped it up & gave it to them for Christmas.